Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Thank you very much for the very quick and for all answer explanation, however I think I should cla


Sections Home What is Physics? Physics Forums Blogs Books Dictionaries Collection of problems and contests Challenge Latex USSR Editorial Humor Other Software for Physical About ... For classical mechanics branch Electromagnetism Quantum Relativity Thermodynamics and Statistical Methods Mathematical Physics and Astronomy Fluid Physics Optics continuum particle state solid everyday Advanced Physics Physics History of Physics Outreach Initiation ByLevel rational inattention Secondary First cycle Second cycle Chuletarios Notes Advanced By Type eBooks Articles Jobs Software Lab Forum Calendar Club Member List Forum Actions Mark Forums Read Quick Links View Team Blogs Forum Clubs of New
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit to see all the threads and messages it contains. However, to participate in the page, you must register by completing the registration form.
Hello everyone, I introduce myself. My name is Dani and I am new to this forum. rational inattention I am pursuing rational inattention a degree in Industrial Engineering and I go here because I need someone to help me out I intend to design an algorithm in C ++ to solve numerically a number of problems of heat transfer in solids by conduction and convection. My problem is I need data on the physical properties of some materials (eg copper). Essentially physical properties as thermal conductivity and heat capacity, both as a function of temperature. I just need a table with this data or any mathematical rational inattention expression and the temperature range within which it is valid to apply the function. I'll stick around a while to see if I can make a contribution to the forum. Thanks in advance !!!
Hello, First, welcome to the forum. Well, as to what questions, yes, there are two mathematical expressions, as you say, for the heat capacity (mole, or molar also called specific heat) and thermal conductivity as a function of temperature. These are:
Where that is called molar heat capacity, the above equation represent the heat required to change the temperature of a number n of moles whatsoever. Similarly, you can express the molar heat capacity in terms of the specific heat and molar mass, so that:
With this expression you can now calculate the molar heat capacity of what you want, knowing its specific heat and molar mass in terms of thermal conductivity, as you know, is the transfer of energy due to molecular motion rational inattention of a material without any motion of said material. The modeled expression that consists of several rational inattention terms: that is current or heat conduction, which depends on the area () through which heat flows, the length of the flow path of the heat, the temperature difference and thermal conductivity of the material in question,. The expression is:
The ratio is what is called temperature gradient and conductivity, as I said, depends on the material you use. You should take into account all these factors, it is not the same a thin copper rod, a block in which the cross-sectional area is three times the length and twice ... In the case of copper, I can only tell you that your Thermal conductivity is 385.0 W / m K, but it is up to you what you want to study, if a rod, a can, etc. If you are interested in more information on capacities and conductivities, online you can find everything you want, and if not, at least you know and calculate the molar heat capacity Greetings and welcome
Thank you very much for the very quick and for all answer explanation, however I think I should clarify some aspects of my question for me to understand better. I know the thermal conductivity of copper (k) is approximately of the order of 400 W / m K, however this is true for a particular temperature range. I'm good looking or a table with different values for different temperatures or an expression of the type k k = A + B T or a quadratic function or to fit (need not be polynomial). To give more details, what I'm doing is working rational inattention with Fourier's law, which is a very similar expression which has since, to calculate the heat flux through a surface. Working with ranges varying temperatures, which depend on the boundary conditions of a particular rational inattention problem. What I do is take stock of energy in an infinitesimal volume control and solve the resulting equation numerically. To do this I start from the hypothesis of considering both the thermal conductivity k and the specific heat are temperature dependent, so I can not (or rather should not) use a constant rational inattention value. I keep asking about in

No comments:

Post a Comment